The Song Contest Wiki:Rules on Hosting
This page lists all of the rules you must follow in order for us to host your contest's wiki.
Rules for Requesting
- Your contest must have a board on . To get a board, sign up on the forums and contact the administrators. In general a contest requires between 100-300 posts between all of its threads for it to be considered for a board, but exceptions can be made if your contest is large enough.
- Your contest must have ran for at least one successful edition.
- The most recent edition of your contest must either be ongoing or have finished at most a month before you request.
- If your contest closes or becomes inactive, please contact us so we can lock and archive your wiki. If you wish to unlock it in the future, contact us again.
- If your wiki is inactive for longer than 3 months, it will be automatically locked, it can be unlocked if you contact us. If you don't contact us within 6 months after your wiki's last edit, it may be deleted. This is done because running an inactive wiki takes up resources on the server that could otherwise be allocated to active wikis.
- If your request is approved and your wiki is created, but there are no edits within the first two weeks of its existence, it will also be deleted.
- If your request is approved and your wiki is created, but there are less than 20 edits within the first month of its existence, it will also be deleted.
- As online song contests in general are a fickle concept when it comes to copyright, we are not harsh on following copyright rules from the get-go. Should any of your content be identified as in violation of copyright laws by the holder of the intellectual property, it will be removed without notice.
- It is recommended you take advantage of MediaWiki's licencing system and add licences to your images and other files where you can. This is not a requirement per se, but will tip the scales in your favour in case there are any issues in terms of copyright. We will not assist you in setting up licencing on your wiki, it is completely up to you.
- Should any of the content you host cause further issues for the wiki network, you may risk your service being terminated, meaning your wiki will be deleted, and your account on both the wiki and the forum will be banned infinitely.
- All original content on the wiki is available under a licence.
- Your wiki must only host content relating to your contest and nothing else. If your wiki is found to be hosting something it shouldn't be, it will be deleted and you may risk your service being terminated, if that content also violates one of the rules below.
- Your wiki must under no circumstances host content that could be considered pornographic in nature, whether it depicts consenting adults or not. Doing so will result in automatic termination of the service.
- Your wiki must under no circumstances host content that could be classified as hate speech or bullying. Doing so will result in automatic termination of the service.
- Your wiki must under no circumstances host private details of one or more users without their permission (doxxing). Doing so will result in automatic termination of the service.
- Your wiki must under no circumstances host illegal content, links to illegal content or instructions on how to access illegal content. Doing so will result in automatic termination of the service.